Dreams of 2017: update

I can't believe we're already at the end of April! It really seems like yesterday we were celebrating the new year. Over the past months I've tried hard to work on my dreams of 2017. I've encountered some bumps on the road, but I'm not giving up on them yet. Some dreams are going relatively well, while others haven't had that much attention yet. 

Work out at least twice a week
There were some bumps on the road, e.g. a knee injury that doesn't seem to go away, but when I could work out I worked out at least twice a week. I'm training to go running again, but I think it will take a while before I can get back to my former physique. I'm also thinking about walking more to my job so my knee gets more training, but then I would have to leave the apartment sooner than I'm doing now. I just have to get out of bed sooner, but it's not that easy to adjust to that. Adjusting to laying in bed 30mins after the boyf got out of it was so much easier! ;)

♡ Run four races

See point number 1. Working on that knee first.

Fly in a hot air balloon
My father has said that he would love to fly in a hot air balloon again one day, so me flying in a hot air balloon is closer than ever before. 
 
♡ Read one book a month
I've been acing this goal, really. I've reread some books and discovered some new ones. My latest discovery: Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty. I've been so into this book that I didn't even notice my boyf eating my chocolate, only half a meter away from me. I've also renewed my subscription to the nearby library, which is also near to my job, so I'm planning on getting more books there. It feels so good to have taken up reading again! 

♡ Gratitude journal

I haven't been writing down anything, but I do tell the things I'm grateful for to myself each evening. I know writing things down would be even better, but it's a start. It has actually become some kind of habit to think about it before going to bed. From now on I'll be working on writing things down.

♡ Finish one painting a month

When I had started writing this blog post, I realised I still hadn't painted anything. So I just put up a new canvas, picked up a brush and simply started painting. It's a good thing this painting was finished quite soon, because my last painting was part of why I didn't feel like painting again. It had taken me so long to try to finish it, that I felt like all of my following paintings would take as much time as that one. I didn't want to spend forever on one painting, so I just didn't paint. Well, that's not how things get better of course. I'm quite happy with the result of my first painting of 2017, and now I know it doesn't need to take that much time to paint, so I'll probably do it more too. Yay!

♡ Social media detox 

So far I've done a social media detox every month. The first time was the hardest, because only halfway the day I decided to turn off my notifications. Best decision ever! I still haven't turned them on because I feel so relieved to not worry about comments, followers, stats, ... the whole time. It really started feeling like a burden, which was also one of the reasons I wanted to do a social media detox. I feel like ever since then I haven't been that active on Instagram, though. And with the new job that makes me want to spend less time facing a screen after work hours, I've just partly disappeared on the app. Oops. But I feel okay with it. It no longer is something I feel like I have to do. 

♡ Blog every week
My blogging rhythm started well in 2017, but then I fell silent because it was super busy at my new job and, like I've said in my latest Life Lately post, I simply can't sit behind a computer once I'm home. I'm also taking less pictures and my outfits haven't been photographed in a while, so I also feel like I lack content at the moment. I still love to write (I mean, look at this text!), but I just have to take pictures again. Will have to work hard on this one! 

♡ Have 5k followers on Instagram
Like I've said here before, I spent less time on Instagram the last few months. I have no idea how to get to 5k followers with the amount of time and energy I'm investing in my profile at the moment, but hopefully the next few months I'll get more active on it again! And if not, well, too bad. We'll just see! 

Did you make any goals at the beginning of the New Year?

xo Noor


https://www.facebook.com/clothesanddreamshttps://twitter.com/clothesndreamshttp://instagram.com/clothes_and_dreamshttp://www.pinterest.com/clothesanddream/

Labels: