16 in 2016: the first piece

In this blog post you could read about my challenge to only buy 16 pieces of clothing in 2016. Let me introduce you to the first piece I bought in 2016. There's a whole story behind it, featuring a train strike, a cardigan and a long time not seen friend.

Clothes & Dreams: 16 in 2016: the first piece


About the whole story behind this cardigan
In January there was a train strike in Belgium lasting several days. At first I was allowed to work at home, but the day before the strike my boss told me I would have to come to work. So there I was, facing a two-hour ride to my work and a two-hour ride back for several days. I already had to wake up at 6 o'clock in the morning, now that would have to be at 5 o'clock. Nope, I wasn't looking forward to that...
A friend of mine with whom I hadn't been that much in contact the last years had once studied in Brussels. I thought she was still living there, so I decided to ask to stay over at her place. She no longer lived in Brussels, but I could stay over. Those two evenings I spent there were awesome! We had homemade pizzas and wraps, talked and laughed a lot and played board games. Even though we hadn't talked for two years or so, we still got along! After all, I was glad there was that train strike. :)

Clothes & Dreams: 16 in 2016: the first piece. Pullover H&M - Jeans Pull&Bear - Boots Bocage - bag H&M

About the cardigan
Because I was already at work the day before the train strike and would have to go to my friend's place that very evening, I had to buy some clothes to go to work in the next day. Enters the cardigan! I also bought some other tees, but since those were needed (i.e. exception on the challenge) and this one was needed and liked a lot, I decided to count this cardigan as part of the challenge. 

About the outfit
Clothes & Dreams: 16 in 2016: the first piece. Pullover H&M - Jeans Pull&Bear - Boots Bocage - bag H&M
Cardigan H&M - Jeans Pull&Bear - Boots Bocage - bag H&M

I told you there was a whole story behind this cardigan! :) Want to know more about the story behind these pictures? :)
On a hot Saturday the boyf and I decided to go to Bruges. Normally we visit the real touristic places, but now we took the street opposite to the one we normally take and off we went. We saw a whole other part of the town, even prettier than what we normally see. 
Awesome weather, great company and a pretty city, my weekend couldn't be better!

xo Noor


https://www.facebook.com/clothesanddreamshttps://twitter.com/clothesndreamshttp://instagram.com/clothes_and_dreamshttp://www.pinterest.com/clothesanddream/https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/6727817/clothes-and-dreams

Labels: , ,