Tutorial: How to take off nail polish with cotton balls

Today I want to show you how you can take off nail polish without damaging your nails by rubbing it with toilet paper (as I used to do). I've got this hint from a friend of mine who found it on the internet one day and she passed her discovery on to me because she knew how much I adore painting my nails. This method is incredibly easy and all you need is this:


Clothes & Dreams: Tutorial: How to take off nail polish with cotton balls: only one cotton ball needed

One cotton ball.
Start by tiering it apart in small pieces that will fit your nail completely. It should be the size of the one in the right hand side upper corner of the picture, but it doesn't have to be that thick. Make sure you have ten pieces so you don't have to tier them when you've already put them on one hand. Now take some nail polish remover and make the cotton wet, but don't exaggerate or the remover will be running down your arms later on. Just make sure the cotton is wet. Put this piece of cotton on your nail like this:

Clothes & Dreams: Tutorial: How to take off nail polish with cotton balls: cotton ball drenched with nail polish remover and put on nails

The pieced of cotton don't have to be as large as the one of my thumb, but if they turn out to be this large, kindly remove the cotton that's next to your nail, but be careful not to remove the cotton that's on your nail! 
Do this for the remaining nine nails. Do you understand now why you should have ten pieces of cotton ready before starting to apply them on your nail? (;

Now wait for some three or four minutes and then gently swipe the cotton downwards, so to the tip of your nail. There might be some nail polish left, but normally most of it will be gone and this might be your result:

Clothes & Dreams: Tutorial: How to take off nail polish with cotton balls: result: clean nails

I only had some polish left on my pinkie:

Clothes & Dreams: Tutorial: How to take off nail polish with cotton balls: only part that is not cleaned


This usually won't be such a problem to remove with the used cotton balls, or you can use your normal way of cleaning your nails.

What I love about this method is that you need so little: one tiny cotton ball, while normally I would use more tissue to clean my nails. If I would roll the tissue I'm normally using in a ball, it would surely be bigger than the cotton ball! Besides that it's also better for your nails since you only have to swipe once and (most of) the nail polish is gone! Waaay better for the nails, right?! And you shouldn't say no to this method because you're scared to lose time: I believe both methods need the same amount of time, AND this method is better for your nails. Convinced yet? :D

Just a quick recap:
Clothes & Dreams: Tutorial: How to take off nail polish with cotton balls: recap / collage



Did you already clean your nails this way and I'm just hopelessly behind with the tissue method or not? :p

xo Noor




Follow on Bloglovin
What is Bloglovin'? Read about it here! 


Labels: ,