18 things I want to do in 2018

For list makers like me 2018 started perfect: a new day, a new week, a new month and a new year on a Monday!😄 I felt perfectly happy when the end of the year came, even though I hadn't done all of my 2017 resolutions. Just starting them and having them as a reminder was enough to get going and in the end I was proud of what I had achieved. That's why I've put up a list of 18 things I want to do in 2018. You can do anything if you try, even measuring the clouds!
Clothes & Dreams: 18 things I want to do in 2018


  1. Paint 10 paintings

    Last year I finally got into painting again thanks to my dreams of 2017. I'm so happy I took it back up! Even though it was a good stimulus to really finish one painting by the end of the month, I think 10 paintings throughout the year is better because some months I didn't feel that much like painting and other months I finished more than one painting.
  2. Read 24 books

    Another thing I took up again thanks to last year's dreams! In 2017 I've read 24 books and I plan to do this again in 2018. Do you have any good recommendations?😃
  3. Post at least 3 times a week on Instagram

    I didn't get the amount of followers I wanted last year, but tbh that no longer is necessary to me. I know how I can cheat my way into getting more followers, but cheating doesn't make me happy so I don't do it. I just want to have an account I'm proud of.
  4. Write 40 blog posts

    Last year I wrote 31 blog posts. Ever since I started keeping a bullet journal I've gotten so much better at planning posts and getting the inspiration for them. I mean, for the first time in almost five years I actually had a real blog schedule! 😂
  5. Feel good in my body again

    Last year I've had to stop running because of a knee injury, so that was quite a blow to my self confidence. But running is not the only way I can feel better in my body again, so at the moment I'm looking into other ways to start feeling better, going from food to yoga. We'll see what will work best!
  6. Eat vegetarian three days a week

    This one builds on the previous dream. I would like to start to eat more vegetarian because I think we eat too much meat. Every time I eat meat I feel like I'm already full after half the piece of meat, but still I eat the rest of it. It won't be easy to lower the meat days, especially with a meat-loving boyf, but I'll try.
  7. Wear a dress/skirt once a week

    The last few months I've started wearing more dresses and skirts again, and I loved it. I don't have that many skirts and I'm bored of most of my dresses, but I just want to wear them more often because I love how special I felt in them (probably because I'm not wearing them that often). 😄
  8. Run 5k

    I'll have to see how my knee injury heals, but I'll try to run 5k by the end of the year. I really can't live without running!
  9. Make three trips

    For now we have one trip planned, but I would love to travel more! Last year I made two trips, of which one I had won, and I absolutely loved it. Can't wait for more adventures this year!😃
  10. Travel to a new continent

    I've never been to Asia, but I'm really excited that we're going there this year! Can't wait to discover this new continent!
  11. Fly in a hot air balloon

    It's the third year I have this dream, but this year I really, really, really want to accomplish it!😅
  12. Learn to sew

    Last Christmas I asked for a sewing machine, and I've already learnt a thing or two, but I really want to take classes to really learn to sew. I'm planning to take them in September, so I hope by the end of this year I can complete this dream!
  13. Keep up a gratitude journal

    Writing down the things I'm thankful for is so good for me. It gets me to focus on the good thins in my life, however small they are, and it makes me appreciate them more throughout the day.😃
  14. Paint my nails every week

    ... even if it's just in a plain colour. I really miss the colourful touch nail polish can give to an outfit, or the fun effect of a nail art. It's also another way to feel better in my body again.
  15. Blog 10 OOTD posts

    In 2017 I blogged 10 OOTD posts and I plan to do this again in 2018. I always love the outfit shoots, especially if they are unplanned. The boyf and I usually have a lot of fun during them, and tbh they're my most favourite blog posts to do!😃
  16. Have my own domain

    Stay tuned on this one! I will be spending money on my blog for the first time in almost 5 years and I'm so excited!
  17. Knit a scarf

    I always thing knitted scarfs are so cool, especially if you have knitted them yourself! It's also something I still want to learn, so what better way to learn this by having a goal too?😄
  18. Live more spontaneously (say more yes)

    I'm not planning to become the next Yes (Wo)man, but I really want to live more spontaneously. The last few months I've noticed how the following weeks are always packed with things to do, but I never do something really spontaneous anymore. A few weeks ago me and some friends spontaneously went to a friend with a little something because she couldn't come to a bar the day before. It was super fun, especially because we hadn't planned this weeks before!



18 New Year's resolutions may seem like a lot, but I feel confident they'll enrich my life, whether I accomplish them or not.😄 Do you have any New Year's resolutions for 2018?


xo Noor


https://www.facebook.com/clothesanddreamshttps://twitter.com/clothesndreamshttp://instagram.com/clothes_and_dreamshttp://www.pinterest.com/clothesanddream/

Labels: