NOTD: American Flag nails!

Last week I had a goodbye party for a friend who is going to live in the US. Theme was blue, red and white, so I decided to translate that on my nails too. :D It took me some time to finish these because I did them in my thesis writing breaks, but this nail art is no hard at all. If you have striping tape, that is. 

Clothes & Dreams: NOTD: American Flag nails!

I started off with a white base for all of my nails. I had English class in small groups that day and I didn't want to attract too much attention with the professor.
Anyway, I painted two nails in red and blue. On two of the white nails left I put some regular tape on the parts I wanted to keep white and painted the other parts blue, like this:


Clothes & Dreams: NOTD: American Flag nails!

I then put striping tape on the white parts I wanted to keep white so I could make the red stripes.

Clothes & Dreams: NOTD: American Flag nails!

After painting part of the nail in red, you can simply pull the striping tape and you have red stripes. I ended with putting some dots on the blue part, representing the stars on the American flag and this is the result:

Een foto die is geplaatst door Noor Clothes & Dreams 👗 (@clothes_and_dreams) op


I loved doing some nail art again. Perfect breaks in between writing a thesis (;

xo Noor



Follow on Bloglovin

Labels: ,